Friday, August 31, 2012

Save Me…… from nothing else, at least for now.

Well, we’re back. From the Camino de Santiago. We did it. Not all 800km of it. That was never the aim. But we did 202km of it in 11 days, and that was what we set out to do in the first place. So we achieved our goal. So much so, in fact, that we want to do it again next time. But a longer journey. This time we walked from Ponferrada. Perhaps next time we’ll go from Pamplona. That’s something like 700km.

There’s a lot to write about what happened. I must have filled two notebooks and two dozen memo pages on my mobile while on our adventure.

But that’s for another time.

There are other projects to be done for now. Completing the Camino is the end of this chapter. I don’t need to be saved from anything else for the time being. That’s not to say that I’m stopping writing. Definitely not. But it needs to be done in other ways for now.

Keep posted. I’ll be coming back soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'll wait for your comments about the Camino, but please don't make us wait for too long. After having read your blog the last months, I'm used to it and I'm really interested in your experiences about religion, Spanish food, folk and so on. Let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Thanks. I appreciate your comments and promise I will be back soon. But am focusing on other writing projects at the moment too. Also, it's significant to note that while I still am bemused and entertained by aspects of Spanish life I am not as "irritated" by them now. I think that's progress! Like I say, maybe I am finally finding my place. I always welcome ideas and suggestions though. You - and everyone - can let me know through this site. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete